Sunday, June 16, 2013

Revisiting an old recipe

I happen to have my nice Nikon camera out in our office from Mother's Day (when I finally pulled it off the shelf...).  It was a great wedding gift from my parents (thanks, Mom & Dad).  Since it was within easy reach, I decided it would be fun to snap some photos as I prepared a recipe for my freezer.  (Disclaimer: I may have gotten married four years ago...but I'm still learning how to work this camera!)

I wanted comfort food (my all time favorite) on our menu this week, so I revisited an old freezer meal: Chicken and Stuffing Bake .  I used the measurements and recipe that can already be found on our blog, but divided everything by two and made 2 meals for the freezer...expect one never made it to the freezer...we had it for dinner last night.  It was THAT yummy, we just couldn't wait!

Here are the ingredients:

 Then I mixed the milk and cream of chicken soup.

 Poured half over each tray of chicken breasts (2 in each tray).

 Letting my stuffing cool.  (I also may have taste tested it...several times.)

Then I packed half of the stuffing mixture in each tray, trying my best to keep it on top of the chicken. 
(no idea why the date is off..)

Then I wrapped both tightly in foil, labeled and placed in my freezer.

To cook: thaw and then bake at 375 for about 40 minutes to an hour.  I left mine covered, and then about 3/4 of the way through the cooking time I took the cover off.  ENJOY! 


I've also seen a very similar recipe on pinterest for the slow cooker...has anyone tried it?

Stay full!

No comments:

Post a Comment