Sunday, December 8, 2013

Snow Day Snack: BBQ Pork Pizza


It's snowing in South Jersey!!  Wahoo!  I was set to make a big pot of soup this morning but someone (Ahem, Frank) ate all the celery and carrots.  I guess I'm married to a rabbit?  So I improvised and came up with this yummy pizza with the odd mix of ingredients I had in my fridge and pantry.  Guess what?  It turned out delish so I'm sharing with you today.

Before I get to the recipe, the most important thing is that I got to use my Penguin measuring cups...




BBQ Pork Pizza
If you've made pulled pork and have a ton a leftovers, which I usually do, this is a great way to get two meals for the price of one!

pizza dough - you could use homemade, frozen, or from the tube - I used Pillsbury dough from the tube!
2 cups leftover pulled pork (I made pulled pork in the slow cooker this week)
1 1/2 cups good shredded melting cheese like cheddar, Monteray Jack, or mozzarella - I used cheddar
1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce - I used Jack Daniels but we LOVE Sweet Baby Ray's
1 cup caramelized onions*
3-4 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled

*Saute onions in butter with 1/4 cup of sugar until brown

Spread the dough on a greased baking sheet and stretch to reach all sides.  Spread barbecue sauce in an even layer on top of dough.  Layer pulled pork, onions, and bacon on top of sauce.  Sprinkle the top with cheese.  Bake at 425 for 9-13 minutes until crust is golden brown and toppings are melted and warm.

Before the oven...



After the oven...












Happy Snow Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment